What is phpATM?
phpATM is the acronym for PHP Advanced Transfer Manager and is a free, open source, PHP based Upload and Download manager. But unlike most other of its kind it stores the data in flat text files and therefore does not require a database like MySQL installed on the web server.
- It's completely free (Under GNU General Public License).
- Multilingual (more than 20 languages supported).
- Does NOT need a database.
- Time zone offset (depends on selected language).
- Download counter for each file.
- Users can sort files by name, upload date or number of downloads.
- Users can give a file description.
- Users can delete or modify the name and description of their own files.
- Administrators and Power-users can delete/modify files and directories from all users, although permissions are customizable for every type of user.
- Filename and description length limit is adjustable.
- The appearance (such as colours, fonts and borders) can be customized very easily to suit your needs.
- Users can view the contents of ZIP archives before downloading.
- A wide range of file viewers allow users to view images, text, flash animations/games and many other filetypes on the fly. More and more viewers are being developed all the time, including an .flv video player. Admins may even make their own file viewers.
- Pages which show recently uploaded files or most downloaded files.
- Advanced user accounts management system built in.
- Advanced user accounts management system for "administrator" accounts allows:
- Changing user account type (privileges) etc.
- Viewing user statistics (uploaded/downloaded/e-mailed files, last access).
- IP Logging and banning system.
- Enabled by default is an email activation system that requires users to activate their accounts via a code sent to their email. This ensures a valid email address has been used.
- Users can subscribe (optionally) to receive a "daily digest" of uploaded files.
- Users can send files (of a set size) to their email address by a click of a button.
- Administrator can show info message over the file list (HTML code allowed)
- Option to set a custom header and footer section using your own HTML.
- Possibility to use server mailer or your own SMTP.
- Highly configurable from a single file (include/conf.php).
- A webserver (Apache 1.3+ recommended) or web hosting account running on any major Operating System (like 000webhost.com - Free cPanel Web Hosting with PHP5/Mysql)
- PHP 4.0.0+
- Web browser (such as Mozilla Firefox)
PHP Advanced Transfer Manager (aka phpATM) is Copyright ©2008-2011 phpATM Dev Team (phpatm.org), Copyright ©2002-2005 Andrea Bugada, All Rights Reserved. Remotely based upon PHP Upload Center v2.0 Copyright ©2001, 2002, Sergey Korostel.